- Garlic- ours is about 2 inches tall, we've not grown it before, so I don't know if it will stay, or die back and start over, but it is neat to see the green tips poking through the soil either way.
- Horseradish- the fronds of the plant are slowly coming back, with more new green than old brown now visible.
- Daffodils- we have a couple dozen or so that are a few inches tall. I'm happy to see them coming on slowly, so they don't get frozen out.
- Maple Trees- this is one of my favorite times of the year to look at a young maple. Ours has bright red new growth on it, some twigs a foot long!
- Corkscrew Hazelnut- the mustard yellow catechins are just on the verge uncoiling and showing off, we grow this all year to see the catechins in late winter/early spring.
All of this, topped off with a tray full of seeds just getting started inside. It won't be long until we have tomatoes, peppers, gourds, hostas, and basil all growing in the windowsill. After a long winter, I'm craving Spring, and happy to see the early signs of it at home.